Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. and Showa Denko Electronics K.K., a leading chemical company, formally agreed on April 27th, 2012 to establish a joint venture in Japan to manufacture and market light emitting diodes (LEDs).
The collaboration with Showa Denko and Toyoda Gosei through this joint venture aims to expand sales in the fast growing market of high-end LED application.
Showa Denko and Toyoda Gosei will combine and maximize their technology to supply energy-saving, low-cost LED products, in order to contribute to worldwide environmental protection.
Outline of the Joint Venture
1. Tentative Name TS Opto Co., Ltd.
2. To be established December, 2012 (scheduled)
3. Address 5-1 Yawatakaigan-dori, Ichihara-shi, Chiba-ken 290-0067 Japan
4. Capitalization 490 million JPY (scheduled)
5. Ownership Toyoda Gosei 70%
Showa Denko 30%
6. Business Manufacture and marketing of LED products
LED chips for high-end applications